Multicrypt is a utility to split your Bitcoin seed into shares using Shamir's secret sharing
View the Project on GitHub
Multicrypt is a utility that uses Shamir’s secret sharing scheme to split a deterministic wallet seed into
several seeds in such a way that not all seeds are required to recover the seed.
Multicrypt is a Python 3 GUI application written using the Qt library.
- Mac Version - Multicrypt-osx-0.0.1.dmg
- Windows Version - Unavailable
- Linux Version - Unavailable
- Source - Click here for further instructions
- Open your wallet in Electrum and go to Wallet -> Seed. Copy and paste the seed into this application.
- Adjust ‘Shares Required’ according to the number of shares you wish to require in order for you to be able to recover your seed.
- Adjust ‘Shares to Generate’ according to the number of shares you wish to distribute.
- Click on ‘Encrypt’. You may verify that the secret shares are reversible using ‘Decrypt’.
- Distribute the secret shares to people you trust. Do not store all shares together digitally in one location.
Currently only Electrum deterministic wallets are supported.
Download Electrum from here: https://electrum.org
If you have any issue with Multicrypt, please open an issue here.